GK Supper Club
Make your kitchen a Giving Kitchen.
On January 15, 2009, Jen and Ryan Hidinger published a blog post, "What are we doing?," that would change their lives and, unbeknownst to them, the lives of countless others. Prelude to Staplehouse was born, and the rest of the story--both tragic and triumphant--led to the foundation of both the Giving Kitchen and Staplehouse.
This May, as we celebrate our 5th anniversary, we returned to our supper club roots and ask you to join us. The GK Supper Club, sponsored by Creature Comforts Brewing Company, is your chance to bring the Giving Kitchen magic home and change the life of a restaurant worker in crisis.
How It Works
Start your GK Supper Club host page and pledge your support. There will be prizes and awards for creativity and our top three fundraisers.
- Plan your party: Hors d'oeuvres, family-style, buffet or formal dinner, they all qualify for the GK Supper Club!
- Prepare a classic, or bring recipes inspired by Prelude to Staplehouse home.
- Let everyone know about your GK Supper Club, and get ready for the big day! Our GK Supper Club kit (below) will help you prep.
- During your GK Supper Club, let your guests know about who the Giving Kitchen is and what we do, and ask them to support our mission on your CrowdRise GK Supper Club page (or make a check donation). Our video and talking points will make this step a breeze.
- Enjoy your supper club, and send everyone home with all the feels about the impact they just made for restaurant workers!
We are grateful that you're inviting people into your home because of your commitment to help restaurant workers, so while we have outlined some options for how to host a GK Supper Club, it's really all up to you. We'll have prizes for our top three fundraisers, and we'll also have prizes to give out based on your creativity with this new signature event... so take some chances, and have fun with it!
And if a dinner party is too much stress, don't forget our heart is in the restaurant, as well. Take your friends out to your favorite restaurant, foot the bill and ask them to pay it forward by giving to GK!
GK Supper Club Kit
Every PeachDish box will include a GK Supper Club kit. You can download and print our kit items below, as well:
Table of Honor Hosts:
Jason + April Dominy
Charlie + Anne Henn
Tim + Christine Mast
Amanda Newsom + Joel Penn
Sierra Nicholson + Ryan Hull
If you would like to sponsor the GK Supper Club series, please email firstname.lastname@example.org