Support for a restaurant worker who has lost a member of their immediate family or the family of a deceased restaurant worker, we assist with funeral expenses and living expenses.
The Giving Kitchen understands that a restaurant worker in crisis needs assistance as quickly as possible. To hasten the application process, we’ve compiled a list of financial and crisis incident-related documentation to help you complete your grant application. Our goal is to remove as many barriers as possible to receiving emergency assistance, while maintaining the integrity of our program and protecting the mission of our organization.
Please do not start organizing your application information until after completing our Assistance Inquiry Form!
- Death certificate
- Accident report, if applicable
- Verification of funeral service (for example: funeral program)
- Current pay stub
- Lease agreement (if work missed)
- Current utility bill(s): water, gas and electricity (if work missed); if utilities are bundled with lease agreement, please supply documentation
- Receipt from funeral expenses
- Receipt from funeral travel expenses
*We verify employment and incident with your employer.
**Employee must be able to show financial need.
The Giving Kitchen is a nonprofit organization and is independent from any city, state or federal agency. We will not share your private information, without your permission, ever. We are a professional social service organization, and we treat your private and personal information in a confidential, secure manner that reflects our commitment to client care and best industry practices.